First, the tour has been going great! Each event has been so participatory and interesting for me. Hearing people's stories, reuniting with dear old friends, making new ones, and getting to explore new places has been so rewarding. Can't wait to share more soon!
My zine Not for You: Stories of Music & Work from the Precarious Service Industry is now available for sale at the following locations:
- Wooden Shoe Books & Records: 704 South Street Philadelphia, PA
- Red Emma's Bookstore Coffeehouse: 30 W. North Ave Baltimore, MD
- Rainbow Bookstore Cooperative: 426 W. Gilman Street Madison, WI
- Quimby's Bookstore: 1854 W. North Ave. Chicago, IL
The zine is also available mail order via PayPal. Email here for more info.
* * *And finally, an events schedule update! Only two events left of the current tour. I'm traveling to Minnesota today and will be in Duluth Tuesday at Adeline, Inc. and then Minneapolis Wednesday at Boneshaker Books.
After this week, I will be returning to the east coast to prepare a presentation about the tour and the project at the Goddard Graduate Institute's residency in Plainfield, VT. The event is August 9th at 7:30 and will be free and open to the public.
And later in August, I will be doing 2 exciting events in New York City: Tuesday August 18th at Bluestockings with the fantastically amazing writer and rockstar Cassie J. Sneider; and then the following night at Interference Archive in Brooklyn, in conjunction with their new exhibit "If a Song Could be Freedom..." That's Wednesday August 19th at 7:00 pm.
Thanks everyone who has supported me in countless and invaluable ways during this tour. It's been an incredible and inspiring experience. Looking forward to what's ahead...